I’m Lisa. I write here about how I see God in the everyday.
From birth I heard the stories about Jesus. But in adulthood I began to know Jesus.
And the stories came to life. They live still. That’s what I share.
- I live in an empty nest with my husband Jeff
- But I’m still a mom to Morgan (29) and Jenna (23), a mother-in-law to Fuller and Trey, and a grandmother to Riley (born 2018!)
- I *think* I’m a 5, wing 4 on the Enneagram (or else a 1)
- I can’t sleep late or for long at a time (yawn)
- I homeschooled my kids from K-12th and never was more challenged or learned so much
- I miss my middle daughter Kali who left us at 1½ hours old for heaven
- I insatiably thirst for more knowledge (the internet is wearing me out)
- I made a big church change (for me) in 2012; I’ve never felt freer in Christ
- I hate talking on the phone (except to my kids—phone home!)
- But I love my phone incredibly (for everything else but talking)
- Auburn University has my allegiance in the SEC—War Eagle
- I love, love, love reading, particularly non-fiction
- But I can be talked into a good novel occasionally
- Central America stole a piece of my heart and won’t let go
- I’m an introvert who thrives on solitude and contemplative spiritual traditions
- But I’m also big on family and deep conversations with friends
- I’m too tied to the clock—scheduling is my strength and my weakness
- I started memorizing Bible chapters years ago and now I’m hooked
- I also write for Do Not Depart and run the Bible memory groups there
- I’m a scaredy-cat who is learning to show up with God anyway
On the Blog
I post 2-3 times a week on a variety of topics (see below). The exception is 31 Days in October when I share daily.
Previous 31 Day Challenges:
- October 2016—26 Surprising Ways to Encounter God
- October 2015—Tools to Memorize a Bible Chapter
- October 2014—Grace Quotes
- October 2013—Book Quotes
- October 2012—Grace (Do you notice a theme? I never tire of grace.)
Once a month I share my reading list and get more personal with Links, Books, and Things I Love. Once a year I pick One Word (or so) and write a challenge the first Monday of each month (or thereabouts).
- 2011—Depend and Delight
I started in Blogger in 2008 (and left my old posts there, sigh), but switched here to WordPress in 2013 for a fresh start.
I INVITE YOU TO:
Connect! Share your own thoughts and stories in the comments of any blog post. Let’s keep conversations going.
We can follow each other on:
If you’d like to get blog posts in your email inbox, subscribe here.
Together, let’s help each other believe better and live more through the power and love of God.