If you’re looking for a devotional to learn more about and with the Holy Spirit, here’s a great choice, 40 Days with the Holy Spirit, by Jack Levison.
I’ve read it through once, but now I want to read it slowly, absorbing it, experiencing the Spirit as I go, one step at a time.
You can read each day’s material in about 10 minutes, but plan on an extra 10-15 for journaling and prayer.
Levison gives 5 tips in the book to help you complete it, not just start it.
- Make a daily plan to read for 40 days
- Find or create a sacred spot to read it
- Keep a good pen handy (amen!)
- Develop a daily pattern (settled breathing, slow reading, meditating, etc.)
- Be patient with yourself if you miss a day
I’m excited to see how the Spirit will reveal himself during Lent this year as I walk through this book with him.
* * *
Do you have a favorite book or activity you’re going to use during Lent? Please share in the comments.
- How can we be brave?
- Take it personally